It’s the dirty little secret of vacuuming. You may think you’re cleaning your home of the dust, pollen, and pet dander, but sometimes you may be stirring them up instead.
But don’t stop vacuuming forever! Most good vacuums suck up more dust, dirt, and allergens than they spit out.
The vacuums that seem to cause the most problems are cheaper models with generic filter bags. If your vacuum cleaner is aging and dirty, it’s time for a new one.
Best Vacuum Cleaners
The best vacuums are central units, where the motor and filter are outside your house. But they’re expensive because of the installation cost.
The next best option is to get a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air) filter.
Here are the 5 best vacuum cleaners for a healthier home:
OVO Powerful Central Vacuum System - Heavy Duty Central Vac With Hybrid Filtration - 35L or 9.25Gal...
Amazon Best Deal Price: $399.99
Buy on Amazon
This well-made OVO central vac comes with a 2-stage Ametek Lamb motor, 700 airwatts of power, and 140-inch waterlift capacity. It easily covers up to 9000 square feet area, which is perfect for large households. The machine is equipped with noise-reducing technology and top-of-the-line hybrid filtration system.
This Central vacuum is not just powerful but is super quiet, and has amazing suction. The quality of customer support is even better. According to the reviews published on Amazon.com, many customers managed replacing their aging central vacuum unit with OVO Central vac themselves.
Most users say the LED status indicator is their favorite feature because it’s designed to let you know whenever the debris container is at capacity so that it doesn’t overflow.
The company, (based in Quebec, Canada) also provides free technical support at 1.800.776.7891.
- SILENT: Silent power units also make for healthier lives. To enhance out initial design choice of a quieter and...
- BOTTOM-LOAD MECHANISM: Ensures easy access for emptying the 35L. or 9. 25Gal. dirt receptacle or replacing the...
- Free Technical Support Toll Free at 1.800.776.7891 or Email at email@example.com
Bagless vacuums are popular for people who don’t want to purchase frequent bag replacements. If you have allergies but want the convenience of a bagless vacuum, the Shark Navigator is a popular choice.
What really sets this vacuum apart is the fact that it features a sealed air system with HEPA filter to trap 99.9 percent of allergens inside the vacuum. Allergy-sufferers will appreciate this feature that isn’t found on all models of vacuums.
The Shark Navigator also earns plenty of praise for its easy, lightweight maneuverability and lift-away canister. People like the convenience that this vacuum offers when it comes to cleaning tight spaces or specialized tasks, like stairs. The suction is also considered to be excellent, but be forewarned that it can fill the debris canister quickly.
- Lift Away Press a button to lift the canister away and easily clean hard to reach areas
- Anti Allergen Complete Seal Technology + a HEPA filter Traps 999 percent of dust and allergens inside the vacuum
- Powerful and lightweight Portable and versatile at 13.7 pounds
If you are looking for a high-end and well-built vacuum cleaner for allergies, the solid Miele Complete C3 Marin Canister Vacuum is a pricey but popular choice.
Best known for their German-engineering, Miele vacuum cleaners have a reputation for superior performance and longevity. The C3 Marin is a great choice for allergy-sufferers since it features a sealed air system that won’t release allergens back into the air as you vacuum. In fact, the AirClean filtration system uses a HEPA filter and retains an impressive 99.9 percent of all particles.
- Bundles Includes - Miele's AH50 GN Performance Pack - Comes With 16 Genuine Miele GN Airclean FilterBags, 1 Genuine...
- Lightweight, Quiet and Powerful Thanks to Miele's Amazing 1200-Watt Vortex Motor / Made In Germany and Made To...
- AirClean Sealed System Construction, Perfect for any Allergy or Asthma Sufferer
Set your vacuum to auto-pilot with a robotic vacuum cleaner. If you have allergies, opt for the iRobot Roomba 761.
A trailblazer in the robotic vacuum field, Roomba has made this technology a household name. The Roomba 761 is the ideal choice for a robotic vacuum for allergies thanks to its onboard HEPA filter. In addition to keeping dirt and dander down with daily vacuuming, the HEPA filtration system will help trap the smallest of particles that Roomba sucks up.
Additionally, the Roomba has dirt detect sensors that will identify areas in need of more concentrated cleaning. One thing to note, though, is that the Roomba 761 isn’t capable of deep cleaning rugs or carpeted surfaces. An occasional cleaning with a traditional vacuum will likely still be needed. But since most allergy sufferers find that frequent vacuuming helps to minimize triggers, a robotic vacuum cleaner is a great idea.
- Just press CLEAN on the robot vacuum, no programming required. With just the press of a button, Roomba gets to...
- Patented 3-Stage Cleaning System and Dual Multi-Surface Brushes pick up everything from small particles to large...
- Dirt Detect sensors alert Roomba to work harder on concentrated areas of dirt, such as high-traffic zones of your...
Last update on 2019-10-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API